The web is our spirit animal
We’re a close-knit group who sits together in the boardroom during work and heads to the bar after. Because a hard day’s work deserves a good ‘cheers’.
We build websites on workdays and wreak a little havoc after
From fresh ideas to foosball, learn about why we get excited for Mondays.
We love our work
With a capital L. We’re thankful to work amongst people who are truly energized by their role. Passion makes a damn good working environment.
We’re all adults here. We don’t preach 9-5 days, and believe that hard workers earn flexibility when it comes to their schedule.
We keep it FUN
Our ‘FUN’ committee plans team events like baseball games, lunches, and volunteer nights to keep us involved with our community and each other.
Basics are covered
We want you to feel your best and work with peace of mind, so we offer medical, dental, life, and vision insurance. Blender takes care of its own.
We like cool stuff
We’ve created boxing videos, apocalypse themed campaigns, and our own holiday cocktail. As long as the idea aligns with our objective, nothing is too wacky or weird.
Small team, big roles
Everybody plays a key part in directly impacting Blender. We’re not big on hierarchy and instead thrive in the variety our roles offer us.
Salary: Competitive base with extended health and dental benefits
Work hours: PST
Type: Full-time 20-month contract position, Potential to grow into permanent position
Start date: Dec 15, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Blender Media is an award-winning web marketing agency specializing in website production and investor marketing solutions. Over the past 17 years, we have worked with over 500+ publicly-traded companies on all major stock exchanges including NYSE, NASDAQ, and TSX. We provide web strategy, design, development, hosting, maintenance, and campaign services. We are also the creators of PrivatePlacements.com, the only platform that aggregates, analyzes, and delivers daily, free information tracking for every Canadian financing on the public capital markets.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Our company has an opening for a Project Manager to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone with experience managing a high volume of digital projects, ideally in an agency setting. If you thrive under pressure and are a multitasking master, then this could be a great fit for you. This candidate will be working closely with our clients from a variety of industries including precious metals, blockchain, tech, cannabis, and exploration to name a few.
Alongside your production team, you’ll help to ensure all things project related run smoothly. Our office is permanently remote where all team members can work comfortably from their homes. For teammates based in Vancouver, we plan quarterly face to face meetups.
- Be the main point of contact for clients from project initiation to project closure
- Ensure clients and internal teams have an explicit understanding of project objectives, deliverables, and timelines
- Communicate with external and internal stakeholder groups during each stage of the project with good rapport
- Ensure project scope, resource allocation and budgets are managed effectively
- Facilitate professional client meetings with senior executives: consultation calls, project updates, and product review sessions
- Deliver timely projects that result in satisfied clients and team members
- Ability to identify risks, analyze mitigation options, and place contingencies to resolve future instances
- Participate in strategic planning and conceptual ideation sessions both internally and externally to create better outcomes
- Participate in the preparation of pitch materials including presentations and RFP responses, and at times sit in sales calls to provide assistance with prospect deals
- Manage internal projects with other team members to develop better workflows, processes, and systems to elevate the way we project manage
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-2+ years experience successfully coordinating or managing projects; an understanding of digital or website production processes is a strong asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to voice ideas while respecting others and converse with executive level stakeholders
- Ability to continually motivate, challenge and drive a team to create best-in-class projects while balancing budgets and schedules
- Ability to work under pressure within extremely tight deadlines and maintain a good sense of humor, tact and professionalism
- Adaptability to listen, analyze, and convey new solutions to drive project performance and client satisfaction
- Enjoys building positive relationships with others
- Avid problem solver
- Ability to work remotely from home
- Proficient MS Office and G Suite skill set (i.e. Excel), and ability to work on both Mac OS and PC is an asset
- A university or college degree is preferred
- Experience with project management tools including Basecamp, Asana, Trello, JIRA or any other equivalent program is an asset
- Having worked in an agency environment is an asset
If you’re excited just reading this and believe you’re the right fit, please apply! We’d love to hear from you. Please clearly state your professional contributions and a summary of key projects you’ve worked on. Bonus points if you include a link to your website, LinkedIn.
To apply for this position:
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email. We’re excited to hear from you!